Sunday 11 August 2013

YU FRUITBOWL: mock up covers


These images show the final box design that I decided on. I chose to design a pull out box with an open top lid. I decided to scrap the idea of a peep hole because I couldn't cut out the apple shape smoothly. It kept looking rough and crafty which is not the aesthetic that I was hoping for. I decided to make the bowl pattern more of a feature by placing the bowl upside down in the box so that the user is greeted with a bold pattern first rather than a fruit bowl.

After creating the box I experimented with the visual impact of the outside of the box. I thought that the plain white box with the logo wasn't punchy enough and the logo was getting lost within too much white space.

I experimented with different colours and tried green with an inverted logo also. I didn’t like this I thought the apple colour wasn't doing the logo justice. I decided on a black box with the white band around the center I thought this fitted with the colour scheme, effectively highlighted the logo and draws attention to the bowl patten once the box is opened. 






No comments:

Post a Comment