Sunday 11 August 2013

Designing the 'Kic' Fruit Bowl



The inspiration for the design of the Kic fruit bowl is the abrasive segmented skin of a pineapple! The design is a stylized abstraction and uses a repetitive yet irregular pattern. Following the pineapples fresh and vibrant feel, I created the Kic bowl with a sense of playfulness and freshness. The design is unique in aesthetic and configured to allow maximum airflow keeping your fruit fresh and ripe.


My pattern development consisted in many stages of experiencing with scale, balance, warping effects, size and proportion. This process was followed by refining my designs and shaping the exterior outline. Once I had created a few refined designs I did some user trialing to gain some feedback on the aesthetics of my designs.  I used paper modeling to view them in a 3D format. This experimenting and research lead me to my final design choices.

- Espectations Design, Esther Lekeu


‘Kic’ Acrylic Fruit Bowl Design

No comments:

Post a Comment