Monday 12 August 2013

Gossamer by Karina: Price Tags

left: final tag /
right: experiment with canvas photo paper

Initially I wanted to use canvas photo paper again for the tags, however after printing out a test and gluing the paper together, they started to bend in the middle. In the end I chose “netting paper” bought at a printing store. I was happy with this decision because the paper when stuck together made the tags more durable, and the texture of the paper made the ink sink in lighter than with photo paper, adding a softer touch to the price tags. I used twine to tie the tags onto the bowls because they had an organic look to them, they also matched with the box handles. Attached to the twine were leftover cut outs from my first laser cut bowl - I decided to add these pieces as little “gifts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment