Sunday 11 August 2013

Penelope: Market Day! Afterthoughts





When the day came and we were all at The Eveleigh Markets, I didn’t quite know what to expect but was thrilled to have the opportunity to sell a product that I had worked on for so long. The experience we gained was invaluable and talking to customers and gaining feedback was also rewarding as we were appreciated for our efforts. It was exciting to see what customers you would attract and that they were genuinely interested in the process behind the making of the bowls. What I found really amazing was seeing a sketch on a sheet of paper become ten packaged products at a market. To go through that entire process and be able to reflect upon it is really amazing as I can say that I’ve had my first market day and made my first proper sale as a designer! Though I had gone to market fearful of not making a single sale despite wanting to sell everything it really became so much more than that from what I took away from it. 

-  Caroline Ngo

No comments:

Post a Comment