Sunday 11 August 2013

YU FRUITBOWL: Eveleigh Markets

When  the date of the Eveleigh markets arrived I was full of nervous energy. Things like what if I sell none?? were running through my mind.

Looking back now, i could have been a little more prepared for my market debut. I had red apples in my bowl when they really should have been green and thought that the decision to produce a small sign instead of brochures may not have been the best idea.

I found that many people liked to pick things up off of the tables weather it be a business card or a brochure. Generally the brochures then acted as conversation starters so a sale could be discussed. I found that this was something that my display lacked.

After making my first sale at around 11 my confidence grew and talking to people about my inspiration and concept became easier as the day progressed.

I had my bowl sitting on a raised platform which I think worked really nicely to subtly accentuate the bowls features. I thought the white tablecloth I brought didn’t add anything to the display I could have bought a nicer looking fabric to add to the aesthetics of the entire design.

I found that talking to people was a massive tool when selling my fruit bowl. It was important for me to interact with the customer and appeal to their needs and wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment