Sunday 11 August 2013

Market Day - Selling the 'Kic' Bowl

My section of our stall at Market Day
Market Day was a great success! I sold all my fruit bowls by 1pm and to people other than friends and family.

We had to be at Eveleigh Artisan Markets by 8.45am to unload the car and set up our stalls. Each stall had six students  so our space was limited.

I brought in a rose gold scarf to lie under my display so my fruit bowl stood out on the table (as black acrylic is hard to see on a black table cloth). The golden scarf was eye catching and elegant and I felt it complimented the colours in my packaging. I had a Kic bowl on display with fruit in it to demonstrate its functionality.

A major selling point at any stall is being able to interact with customers and start a dialog. A simple “Hey how you going?” can draw a customer in and pick up their interest. I also engaged in conversation by describing the process of the project and why we were a stall with 100’s of fruit bowls! This created an appreciation of our craftsmanship and hard work.

I really believe that the way in which you talk to a customer can make or break a sale. People are more likely to look at then purchase an object if they feel welcomed and engaged.


I had one packaged box on display and kept the nine others under the stall table so my display was neat and not over crowded. I’m really impressed with my performance on the day and really enjoyed the whole experience. Producing a product that is your own design, from initial sketches through to a final product, is really rewarding. I feel confident in my craftsmanship and have a understanding of how product production works in industry.

- Espectations Design, Esther Lekeu 

 Kic Fruit Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment