Monday 12 August 2013

Pavo by Shelley Javier: Sketch Models


After sketching possible templates, I then cut small sketch models out of properly laid out templates. This helped me test different variations of box shapes. It also help me realise which are possible solutions for the slots and tabs of the box. Having set it flat, gave me an idea on how I would lay the template on the final cardboard material. I folded the small templates into shape to further see if the slots and tabs go together. This helped me know if the whole box can stand on a surface. During this stage I get to see that the box needed further mechanism to close. I also drew on the surface of the sketch model to see where I could possibly put the handles and also potential graphics that can go on the face of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment