Monday 12 August 2013

Gossamer by Karina: Point of Sale


 For the point of sale poster, I wanted to focus particularly on the fruit bowl in its general use and the bowl’s main qualities. I had a hard time rearranging the information and even the name of the bowl in an eye-catching manner without looking tacky. I tried to use bright colours and different fonts to emphasize on eye catching, however I believe the poster still turned out looking bland. 

The flyers were originally supposed to be postcards people could take and keep, however I misinterpreted the size of the paper and I also wanted to put more information that couldn't fit in a small postcard so instead, I created A5 flyers. By creating back to front flyers, I was able to create a hopefully aesthetically pleasing front side - this way people would most likely keep the flyer for the illustration and was able to keep all the necessary information at the back.

My business card design was one of my old water colour paintings which I scanned and edited on Photoshop. I covered parts of the original painting with triangles done on Illustrator to balance the 2 mediums. I was skeptic of how well the painting would print on canvas photo paper but luckily it turned out better than I had expected. I thought the painting would turn out dull but the texture and shine of the paper made the colours pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment