Sunday 11 August 2013

YU FRUITBOWL: Carry Bags

I decided that I would create separate carry bags for my design. I found bags online that would fit the maximum measurement of my box. I wanted the handles to be secure and strong and the material to be something that would be re-used, thus the logo would continue to exist in a different format to just the packaging.

I was lucky enough to have access to a heat press machine  to press the logos onto my bags. I had the images printed onto sticker paper. These were then laminated on the front side and peeled off. This then made them look reversed onto a clear plastic. 

After this, the bags were ready to be pressed and it was basically a heat transfer of the ink into the bag. The clear laminate was then peeled off after a short cooling period. Then the iron needed to the pressed down once more with heat proof paper between the ink and the iron to keep the sticker and the iron clean.

I created ten bags, each with the fruit bowl logo on one side and my personal “little bratt.” logo on the other side. I found that these were a cheap option for me that made my packaging look really professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment