Sunday 11 August 2013

'Kic' Bowls Internal Packaging


The internal packaging for any Good needs to protect the product and in some cases needs to maintain an attractive aesthetic. In the case of my fruit bowl I needed internal packaging which would protect the acrylic from rattling around in the box when it is carried. As the handle is on the side edge of the box the bowl would want to slip down when carried. To avoid this I used ribbon ties and then lined the box with tissue paper for an extra protective layer.

I chose to use coloured tissue paper and ribbon to brighten the box when opened. As the bowl is made from black acrylic it stands out on the coloured paper.

I chose the block colours green and orange as they complimented the pears image I had chosen as my motif photo for my graphics and poster design. Green and orange embody the fresh summery vibes of pineapples without clashing with the black acrylic and brown cardboard (pineapple yellow would clash with black and brown).


I did five boxes in orange and five boxes in green. The reason I chose to do half another colour  is to make each box original and exciting.



- Espectations Design, Esther Lekeu





No comments:

Post a Comment