Monday 12 August 2013

Pavo by Shelley Javier: Market Day Feedback

The day we had to sell our bowls was an exciting experience. When we got to the markets I really did not know what to expect, but just kept an enthusiastic outlook no matter what happens.
It was a great experience having to set up our designed fruit bowls and packaging as our own brand. On the day, we had the freedom to express our sale ideas however we want. For me this was an advantageous experience as I have never done it before for my own design.
The highlight of the day I must say is having to talk to a diverse group of people who were very enthusiastic about the fact that UTS student are selling their work at the markets. One lady in particular told me how excited she was to see young and upcoming designers at the market as she says it’s good to have new material in the market world.
In terms of sale, I sold 4 out of 10 bowls. It would be easy to say that this was a disappointing result, but I’d rather see it as a learning curb for me. Obviously I would have loved to sell more bowls, but at the end of the day I learned that hard work and a better consideration of who I’m selling to is always important if I want to have a successful sale. I take this experience as an event I won’t forget as I pursue a career in the design and production industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment