Thursday 26 July 2012


Packaging Design refinements 


This week I also developed a new design idea. The reason I decided to develop a new idea was because I was unhappy with the minimal view of my bowl through the previous packaging. Also I wanted to reduce the amount of cardboard used in my final design. 

Therefore I produced a design where my bowl was clearly visible and only used 6 small pieces of cardboard. I found from this new open design I could incorporate my colour scheme easily and with my bowl on display this would reduce the need for detailed graphics. 

In my development I found the tabs which join the top and bottom pieces needed to be positioned closer to the center for more stability. Also when connecting the handles the preferred method is tieing a knot instead of hot glue.

Tab moved closer to center


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment