Thursday 26 July 2012


Bending bowls
This process took around 2 hours as the oven was not preheated. Therefore my first 4 bowls were in the oven for 17min each. After lunch I placed my last bowl in and checked it after 5 min. This was to late as it had started to bubble. I had not taken into consideration that the oven was now at a much hotter temperature. This therefore resulted in me having to sell my bowl previously made for the subject Object and Accessories.
   
Process
Place the acrylic in the oven for 4-18min. Check the acrylic during this time by lifting one corner to judge if it is ready to be removed. Then place it over a bowl with clean material covering it and bend corners down using a towel. Leave the bowl for 5min to hold its shape. Then spray and wipe with Mr Sheen. FINISHED

-Heather Shaw- 



No comments:

Post a Comment