Tuesday 31 July 2012

Meristem Reflection

Looking back on how the last seven weeks panned out has really shown me how much I’ve learnt in this short time. It’s been a great portrayal of the design process working in group work and has given me experience on what to consider when setting up a pop up shop. The most valuable experience that
I am taking out of this subject, is the techniques used when branding a product, and how important it is to keep the portrayal constant so you can really set your product up for a certain demographic while keeping it professional.

My four hour shift on Wednesday the 25th, from 2pm until 6pm, went really smoothly with a large percentage of people coming into the shop buying a bowl. I was initially nervous about my shift but when I realised I could easily use my customer service and sales skills which I have developed over
various jobs. As expected, I had no issues interacting with customers, answering various questions while still acting professional.
This was when I realised that the opening night would be much the same. On the opening night I was easily able to interact with the customers over various aspects of the design process and discuss the
aesthetics of all the bowls. At the end of the night it was clear to see just how successful this night was by the small amount of bowls left.

Overall I am very happy with how this subject turned out, and I’m sure that over the next couple of years I will be able to realise the extent of the experience that it has given me.

Edward Mortimer

No comments:

Post a Comment