Thursday 11 September 2014

- Manufacturing the bowls - Post 3 - Sean Lurie


Now that a brand had been established and packaging had been made I set to the task of manufacturing the bowls.

Half way through my first bowl I realised that I had a huge task ahead of me. My design was immensely time conusming. I sanded each edge of the bowls design three times with three different grades of sandpaper. This alone took approximately 4 hours per bowl. As well as carefully sanding each edge meticulously I buffed the edges of the bowl and then sanded that faces of each bowl.

Although I did get faster as a result of the jig I manufactured the process was still a drain on valuable time and energy. However, once I had finished the sanding I used cut and polish to finish the all the edges and the faces of each bowl. At this point in time the bowls were pretty much finished. the only task left was to bend the bowls over the mould.

No comments:

Post a Comment