Thursday 11 September 2014

Kezia De Costa 2014 - Market Day (Blog post 06)


Image 1: Stall set up for Market Day

Our market day was scheduled for August 30, the same day as UTS Open Day. 

I was slightly nervous for the day ahead since trying to convince people to purchase your product isn’t something I’d done before. But I was looking forward to the experience. 5 of my bowls had already been purchased by UTS Marketing so that left me with just the one bowl to sell on the day. 

We were each given about 1m of space to set up our displays however we liked. I chose to place black satin cloth on top of a stand and place the fruit bowl on top so it was elevated off the table. I also placed my poster on an easel so it had more of a country feel. I also choice to display green apples on and around the bowl for extra colour. My business cards were placed along side the poster.

All the customers were really encouraging which was nice after spending so long putting everything together. I received lots of feedback from customers who commented on the bowl itself and the illustrations for the packaging which was re-affirming.

Overall, the experience of setting up and selling at stall was really good. I learnt a lot from the experience and know what I can do better in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment