Tuesday 12 August 2014

Kezia De Costa 2014 - Swing tags (Blog post 05)



Image 1: Initial mock-up of swing tag


Image 2: Text inside swing tag

Since I had established a brand guideline for my packaging it was really easy to replicate that into swing tags and selling cards. I initially started out with a conventional swing tag which would be attached to the bowl. I felt it looked too generic and something which had been seen on countless items for sale. 

I did some market research on product branding and found that people enjoyed opening things and interacting with items and I figured a swing tag should be no different. I found that this interaction helped your target market engage with your product on a deeper level. With this in mind I experimented with the idea of using a pouch as a swing tag so the audience would pull out the tag with the information. I also figured that this could sit neatly on top of the bowl. I also choice a textured paper stock for most of the swing tag since the cream tones were more in keeping with the colour of the box and its aesthetic. 


Image 3: Swing tag with pouch


Image 4: Sale card with same layout

Overall, I'm very happy with the final design and packaging of my bowls. I think they illustrate ideas of summer and are vibrant enough to hopefully have people purchase them on our market day!


Image 5: Finished packaging


Image 6: Finished packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment